I was determined to finish the diamond pattern on my dining room floor this weekend. Well, Sunday anyway… since Saturday was booked with errands, hair appointment, and a few hours of work! It was a lot of taping out, and retaping, but the diamond pattern was already there, from a design I did a few years ago. I basically just changed the colors and eliminated the smaller center diamond. This morning, before I left for work, I put on the first coat of poly. Tonight I’ll do the second and one final coat on Tuesday morning. Then I’ll be able to move my furniture back in! Can’t wait to show you what I did with 2 pieces I painted for this room… 🙂
Well, I cannot locate my "before picture" which shows the diamond pattern/colors I had painted this floor a few years ago. Luckily, I did snap a picture while I was in progress repainting this floor. Here you can see the diamonds taped out. The former pattern had a smaller diamond in black, where a tan and off-white diamond met. The border was off-white and then tan.
Here’s a close up showing where the border meets my wood floor that leads into my living room.
Here’s a full view of the floor. Oh, btw, I still have the blue tape on my baseboard while I am applying the poly.