Before I took my leave last week to be with my Mom, I did a quick repair job in a commercial space. The only info I had was that whoever did the original finishes in this building was no longer welcomed back! The finishes were well done and the work was extensive… so gee.. you gotta wonder what went wrong. I looked at the job and decided I’d give it a try. The finish on the wall was a metallic glaze and for reasons unknown to me, the wall had been patched w/joint compound in several spots, so they wanted the "spots" to blend in with the wall finish. I did tell them it would never be perfect, since no one had any info about the products used. The area was not in a high traffic space, which was lucky. I was happy with the results. I left a message with the property manager to follow up and make sure everyone was satisfied, but so far, no feedback. There is some other extensive damage in the main part of the lobby of this building, which I am hoping they will give me a call back to do this work. It’s a fun challenge to do repairs.
The damage was under the window. This is an interior wall with the window leading into another room.
Here’s another shot. The wall was randomly plastered in spots under the window and to the right and left of the window. Of course, I forgot to take the before pic!
My Mom is still improving this week. I am still very stressed about it all and finding it very hard to concentrate on getting my work done. It’s hard to be creative when you’re worried.