Can I tell you how much fun this ceiling project has been? I even eagerly gave up a few hours on a Saturday to complete this project! Normally, I reserve some time on a Saturday to do a consult or run around and get supplies, but not to actually "work" on site.
When I last left off, I was all set to apply the Modello™ to the center panel of this ceiling. As mentioned, I decided it would be best to have the pattern in 4 pieces, vs. the 2 it arrived it in. With my ceiling all marked off with chalk, I was ready to go.
It took me about an hour to get the 4 quarters in place, remove the backing, burnish, and then remove the top protective layer. It was all very easy and I am sure I will be able to cut the time down in the future. Because this was my first attempt at applying a Modello to a ceiling, and because of my history of being Contact Paper Challenged, I was taking my time.
My client was just as excited about the process as I, so she made us each a cup of tea, pulled up a chair, and kept me company. 😉 At one point, she grabbed my camera and decided the removal of the stencil had to be documented. So… here I am, hard at work. It only took about 10 minutes to remove the vinyl material. I used a small foam roller to apply 3 light layers of color and there was not one run-under to be found when I removed the stencil.
Here is the completed center panel.
This design is stenciled in all 4 corners of each of the 9 panels.
A closer view of the gold and red panels, side by side, as well as the aged wood trim.
Now, just to refresh your memory…here is what the ceiling looked like before the transformation…
…and after! 😉
Next up, in this same house… the Sun Room ceiling.