It’s 3 p.m. and I’m happy to report I am back at home with time to spare to get some much needed work done in my office. This morning I had a quick repair job to do at one of my favorite client’s home. I’ve mentioned this client on here before, I believe referring to them as the 4 Girl Clients, since this lovely couple has 4 beautiful daughters. I am always amazed at how organized this Mom is! She sure has her system down, with lots of baskets and cubbies neatly organized all over this big house. Plus, and most importantly, she seems to have these girls trained to actually put things away where they belong. The house is not overly neat, having a warm and inviting feel to it. The best new addition to the property since I was here last Summer, is a fantastic outdoor pool and jacuzzi, with a small pool house. The pool is a very appealing shape, not your typical rectangle, plus it has a little waterfall.
Well, unfortunately, I was there to work, not to swim. You may remember this fun bath I did last Summer. All is well with these walls, but across the room, the mirror that was glued to the wall above the double vanity was removed and some new lights were installed.
Well, I think it is going to be hard to see what I am talking about in this picture. If you look closely, you will see from the ceiling line down to about 2/3rds of the photo, there is a light pink striae. Then, a horizontal line appears because this is where the old lights were removed, plastered, the new lights hung. My task was to make this vanity wall match the 2 adjacent walls that have the pink striae. To new mirrors will be hung over the 2 sinks, covering most of this wall, but you still have to paint the wall to match the others.
It was a very straight forward fix. I just painted the walls the original base color, let dry, then added the pink glaze, doing a striae technique. The part that took the longest was removing the glass globes, crystals, and light bulbs from the 2 light fixtures, so i could work better around them.
I took a lot of pictures of this counter top, a counter in another bathroom, plus the kitchen counters because the homeowner is ready to do something with them. Stacy, whom I often mention on here, and work with frequently, has just taken a course to learn how to resurface such counters. We are going to get together next week in her studio to make some sample boards. I mentioned this to the homeowner here, and she is very excited to learn more about this. I’ll be discussing this more in the coming weeks. Stacy and I will be teaming up to do some counter work, cement floor work, and faux marquetry on wood floors. We have been seeing a big need for this and already have a good list of customer going that want to see samples. So… a few days in the studio for us should be time well spent!
While I was at this house, I snapped a few pictures of the 2 story foyer I did about 4, maybe 5, years ago. This was one of the first jobs that Stacy and I worked on together. Due to my fear of heights, she did all the top portion on the scaffolding (22′ high) solo, while I stayed on the lower levels! I like this metal wall hanging that has been added. It’s always fun to see how and where my clients add accessories. Since the walls are still wet when I leave, nothing is hung yet.