With Stacy’s help, the border is all taped out. One wall in this room has a lot of nooks and crannies with 2 fireplaces jutting out, 2 built-in bookcases, and just some odd boxed in support. This was throwing the entire border line off on that side of the room. The first attempt at taping, had us following these nooks and crannies, weaving the tape in and out. Well, once all taped, when I looked at it with fresh eyes the next morning, it just was not working for me.
Here you can see one of the recessed nooks. I decided it would look much better to have one clean line for the border, since all of the recessed areas are different sizes. We peeled all the tape off, and snapped new chalk lines. Stacy is working on another project in that little bathroom I did a few weeks ago in this house (the pearls, so I spared her the 2nd taping and we worked in separate rooms most of this day.
For the border background, I am using the same Portofino plaster that I used on the ceiling, only in Amethest, with some Gold Irredescent Bella Fresco mixed in. I rolled on the first layer, and will trowel on the 2nd layer once dry.