Note: I wrote this entry yesterday, Tuesday 1/6, but something was going on with TypePad and I was not able to post.
I wrote in yesterday’s post, that I would be returning to the house that I had been working at between Christmas and New Year’s. My main purpose was to work on some sample boards, trying to match a finish I did in this house 5 years ago. This finish was originally done in the Family Room, Breakfast Room and Kitchen, since these three areas were one, big open space. Over the Summer, the old kitchen was gutted and enlarged. The former Powder Room and Laundry Room were relocated to the back of the kitchen in a new addition that also includes a Mudroom. A temporary wall was erected separating the Family Room (which stayed intact) from the construction. Most of the finish in the Breakfast Room has been damaged too much with the addition of new electrical work, the temporary wall, and the shifting of the Laundry and Powder rooms. I will be carrying the finish from the Family Room into the Breakfast Room and Kitchen. The painters will paint out the old finish in the Breakfast Room and I’ll start from scratch.
I start out by taping my sample board to one of the new walls in the Breakfast Room. The board is divided in half, so I have 2 tries at it. I am writing the “steps” I try on each board, on the lime green pieces of paper.
I think I’m close, so I take the sample off the wall and bring it over to one of the walls I am trying to match. No… not quite there. I make some adjustments to each side of the board.
Well… it’s getting closer!
Now I’m relatively happy with this sample. The “temporary wall” is blocking a lot of light and since all the electrical is not hooked up in this space at the moment, I decide to quit for now.
This new section of the house has radiant heat in the floor, so I am working in my stocking feet and it is so nice and warm!