The four windows are now finished, and enough boxes and assembled furniture was moved out to allow me to take some photos.
This is the Fall Window. It’s a little hard to see, but that is a dog and cat, with witch hats on, peeking into the window from outside. Now that I look at this photo, I see I want to add a deeper shadow under the sill, so it stands out more. I am trying to avoid adding more detail because this project is on a very tight budget and a very tight time schedule.
When I was moving all of my supplies up to the main floor from this basement level, I realized I forgot to extend the lilacs out onto the window frame. The tape must have been blocking the frame when I did the flowers. Another adjustment to be made.
Ouch. Just when I thought I was making some good progress, I spilled this white paint…all over the new carpet. Of course, the water was shut off, because the plumbers were there doing their thing. Melissa, the owner, came by minutes after this little accident and was as nonchalant as could be. She said she’d get it cleaned and not to worry! It helps to have a client who runs a chain of day care/preschool centers where spills are an every day event!
Except for the minor adjustments I will make to the 4 Windows, I am finished with the basement level. I moved all of my supplies up to the main floor and began some of the work up there, which I will post tomorrow.