I’ve been MIA for a few days, working on some sketches for the walls of
the new addition that is currently under construction at one of the
Learning Zone Day Care Center locations. I have also been shivering in my cold studio,
making a few sample boards.
Well, let’s just say I’m not the neatest person when I’m working, but I did get the job done. I dropped off the sketches yesterday, so now I’m just waiting to see if the design concepts are a go. The walls will not be ready for me for another 2 weeks, so I have some time.
The sample boards I made are for the husband’s Master Bathroom at the Beacon Hill house. The design will go on the ceiling. I did 3 variations of the colors, but when I brought them to the house yesterday to see how they looked in the bathroom, one was an instant "no". The homeowners are away, so it was just me giving the "no". This first one, the gold toned one, works best. More about this project later, once it is under way.
This red toned version may work, but I still like the gold the best. I emailed several photos of the sample boards in the actual bathroom to the homeowner and am just waiting for some feedback.
The Handyman put this cardboard tube around some exposed pipes. He is returning to fix the gap between the top and the ceiling. I think I am just going to use the same pale yellow plaster finish on the tube to make it blend in with the wall. It’s way up at the top here, in a far corner, so it makes no sense to make it look like a column. I just want it to disappear, not stand out.
The second thing that happened while I was at this house, was I could not get the door to lock when I tried to leave. The doorknob actually fell off in my hand with one try. After fooling around with the situation for a good 45 minutes, I was able to securely lock the door from the inside and exit another door.