Here are the before and after pics of the "column" that was added to hide some pipes in the little Butlers Pantry/Bar area. It is just a cardboard tube. This is way up in the corner and we just wanted to have it blend in with the walls and not be so noticeable. The walls are done with a Portofino plaster, so I rolled a thin layer on and also used a chip brush to dab it on. The Handyman will return to try to patch up those ceiling holes a little more. It’s a very old house. While I was here, I took some better pictures of this room and the adjacent formal Living Room/Dining Room. I’ve posted these photos before, while this work was in progress, but it’s always nice to see how it looks when all the furniture and accessories are in place.
That little bar area is located in this long, narrow Living Room/Dining Room.
Next on my list to repair was a small section under this t.v.
I actually don’t know what happened here. I think some wiring and plastering happened after I had finished the walls in this bathroom. The glaze is an irridescent glaze, so it’s hard to photograph. This was, obviously, another quick and easy fix.
Today I am off to check out a kitchen cabinet job and to stop by and see how the construction is going at the day care center.
Have a great weekend and see you next week!