With the Kitchen Job on hold for a few days of curing time, I returned to the Media Room Job I began a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the contractors did not complete the work that was supposed to be done while I was away working on the Kitchen Job. I’m not really sure what is going on with the progress, or lack thereof, on this job by others, but there does seem to be some communication issues going on.
Remember this curved wall? Well, some issues still exists that prevent me from doing the final striae finish. One… that outlet hole that has not been repaired and two, the dentil molding still needs repair work. Waiting……
So, in the meantime I decided I could at least get the bronze color into the "grout" lines between the diamonds.
I brushed on the bronze, let dry, then taped out with this 1/4" tape.
Here are all the finishes that will be in this room.
The largest sample board, with the couch fabric draped over it, will be applied to all the other walls in this room. I did complete 2 of the walls, but did not take photos yet. Two other walls are waiting for more work to be done by the contractor, so I’m at a standstill.