Susan and I are having some issues with the scaffolding we need to begin two foyer jobs. The company we contacted to look at the job and give our clients quotes have come in extremely high with their pricing. While our clients negotiate with them and seek out other options, we will begin in one the homes and work on areas that we can reach on our ladders and a small scaffold that I own. The need for some high and complicated set up of the scaffolding in both homes has been a pain for both us and the home owners. Hopefully all that will be resolved this week.
In the meantime, we decided to fit in a quick job and did this small bathroom for another client.
Here is the "Before" shot, where the bathroom walls have just been base coated in this rich wine color. This job was made even easier for us because there was nothing in the bathroom. The vanity and toilet have yet to be installed, giving us a lot of room to move around freely.
We used a Portofino plaster on the walls, which has a nice metallic sheen. When dry, we taped up our leaf designs to determine placement. This simple leaf pattern is something Susan designed and drew on a low tack, adhesive vinyl. Once we liked the positioning, we removed the backing, burnished onto the wall, and troweled a gold mix through the design.