With our scaffolding issues resolved, Susan and I have gotten down, or I should say, "up", to business!
This is the back of the foyer and here I am, ready to trowel on the first layer. We used a Portofino plaster for this first layer that was rolled and just lightly and randomly troweled at the same time. Btw… I’m afraid of heights. This scaffolding is very stable and has three planks forming the floor, so it’s much less scary for me than scaffolding in the past.
This is still the back side of the foyer and Susan is getting ready to work her magic. There is not a lot of wall space on this wall because of all the glass. What wall space there is though, is high up and/or awkward to reach.
This low overhang, is the reason for the two scaffold units. Here you see the walls with the 2nd layer of the finish applied, which is a thinned Stain and Seal.
This is a look from the front of the foyer, about midway, looking to the back of the foyer and upstairs. The wall on the left has only the first layer of the finish, while the wall spaces under the stairs have the 2nd layer of stain added.
More to come.