I have been able to cross off a few items on my lengthy "to do list". My front porch is now completed. Remember, my sanding of the floor? I gave the glider another coat of black, restained and sealed the little table and painted that wicker chair yellow.
I also was able to get my act together and make up my hanging baskets.
This outdoor rug is from Target and guess what? I didn’t have to stencil it! Yay! It already came with this great pattern on it.
The new Ben Moore Arborcoat opaque stain I used on the floor really worked great! Two coats covered that mess I had and it went on like silk!
Still waiting for the steps and walkway to be done, but you can see my front garden from here.
I don’t have a lot of space, so just put in two cherry tomato plants (in cages in foreground). Here you can see my new little cherry tree! The big accomplishment was getting all the soaker hoses replaced, connected and then mulching. I’m having huge issues with the soaker hoses this year, which I have yet to resolve. The water pressure just is not reaching to the front and since I know it did before, I’m wondering what is going on and how I am going to fix this. In the meantime, the back of the garden and side garden is getting watered, but I’m dragging the hose out to get everything in the front wet.
Another view of my little tree!
Portulaca in foreground. One of the earliest bloomers in my garden.
Oregano (front left), thyme (front right) and Russian Sage in background.
I still have the backyard beds to tackle, but did manage to get this planter near my back porch done. Try to ignore the foundation which should be painted. I put Gerber Daisies in the background and Potato vines in the foreground.
I love Gerber Daisies and it’s nice to be greeted by these every day!