I have to say, I slacked off a bit with my picture taking while on this job. I kept forgetting to pack my camera because I have been taking most of my photos with my iPhone lately. But… for this job, I was using my iPhone for my source of music on a portable docking system and everytime I took it off to take a pic, I had to set it all up again, which was a pain, plus I was getting too much paint all over everything.
Sifting through the photos I do have of this job, apparently I did not take any when I was taping out the diamonds.
I did manage to take some finished pics of this room though. For the diamonds I used Snowflake White Lusterstone. I rolled on two coats, then taped out for the diamonds, and skip troweled one more coat.
I shaded on both sides of the grout lines before pulling the tape, then added the brass tacks.
The color is off in this photo and I cannot adjust, but the above photo is more true to color.
This close up shows the brass tack, but the photo is washed out.
Ah, finally, a true to color photo.
Here’s a close up of the leather panel. I usedfollowed by layers of Stain and Seal Antique Cherry and Van Dyke Brown. I love doing the leather finishes. They are easy and really do look like leather!